[vpn-help] Failure to bring up tunnel with Windows 8 through NAT

Jim Harle vpn at technicolor.com
Thu Aug 22 12:39:56 CDT 2013

This doesn't sound like a NAT issue per se...the cell phone could be acting as a NAT device depending on how you connect to it (such as via wifi).

Have you tried other NAT'd locations besides the router you speak of?

Can you provide the NAT traversal settings being used in the Shrew VPN profile?

What is the model of the router that you are testing with, and does it have "vpn passthrough" enabled on it?  Have you tried connecting the Windows 8 client first (after a router reboot) or does it still fail, and the Windows 7 client works when trying to connect it 2nd?

Just my thoughts,

Jim