[vpn-help] connect-status of Shrew

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Sat Dec 7 23:23:52 CST 2013

On 12/06/2013 06:01 AM, Gerd Röthig wrote:
> Hello Kevin, hello all,
>
> I just set up my networks in the Policy tab. However, after successfully
> establishing the VPN connection, I cannot reach any of the servers in those
> networks. The route print command does not show any routes configured for
> the networks in question.
>
> Perhaps it has something to do with the networks being private (
> 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 and 172.16.0.0/255.240.0.0). However, if I leave the
> Policy setting at "Obtain Topology Automatically or Tunnel All" and set the
> routes after connection manually, everything works as expected.
> If I recall correctly, "Maintain Persistent Security Associations" used to
> work as expected in version 2.1.7 of the client, despite of the networks
> being private.

Hi Gerd,

My networks are a combination of private and public and they work well,
so I don't think that should be a problem.  A lot of VPNs to connect to
private networks, since there's no way to access private networks
directly over the Internet, so there's no way that doesn't work, we'd
have definitely heard about it here! :)

Have you examined trace logs to see what happens differently with the
policy negotiation and security association establishment when you've
got policies manually set as compared to using Obtain Automatically?