[vpn-help] Windows 8, client 2.2.2 connecting but not pinging

Timo timo.koppanen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 10:59:51 CST 2013

Kevin VPN <kvpn at ...> writes:

> On 12/05/2013 10:32 AM, Timo wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Running as administrator doesn't solve anything, still acts the sameway.
> > One thing I have noticed is that remote site IPs doesn't come in to arp
> > table. It only shows my clients IP xxx.xxx.xxx.37, but nothing else doesn't
> > appear there. On my worklaptop I get every address into arp table. I tried
> > to add manually 10.1.1.0 network but no dice in there.
> >
> > Turning off every protection on my comp doesn't solve anything.
> >
> > Maybe I should try to fiddle with my administrator rights if there is
> > something wrong with them.
> >

> Hi Timo,
>
> I notice that on your machines, you have manually configured an IP
> address for the virtual adapter, 192.168.50.23 on your work machine,
> 192.168.50.37 on your home machine.  What happens if you give your home
> machine the IP address 192.168.50.23 instead?

Hi Kevin,

Nothing. I tried 23 also on home computer. They are different IP's so I
could connect my worklaptop and home computer at the same time to the VPN,
if need be. (Which isnt working as hoped so far:)

I tried also to give administrator permissions to everything that has even
slight chance to be involved to the connections.

Probably my next step will be clean installation of the windows 8, or
downgrade back to 7.

Regards,
Timo