[vpn-help] Using Shrew with Netgear FVS538

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Mon Jan 21 22:14:19 CST 2013

On 01/17/2013 07:55 AM, Dmitry Vasiliev wrote:
> Hello !
>
> I've managed to successfully setup connection between my computer (Win
> XP SP3 + Shrew)
> and Netgear FVS 538 router. Current problem - or, maybe, additional wish
> - is to use "remote"
> internet connection instead of "local" for internet browsing
> I'm using "Use existing adapter" address method, so I can't just enter
> router address as
> "default gateway".
> Any suggestions ?

Hi Dmitry,

You could try changing the setting on the Policy tab to "Obtain Topology
Automatically or Tunnel All."  That would tell Shrew to send all traffic
(including Internet traffic) to the gateway.

However, doing that may cause your VPN connection to not connect,
because the local tunnel policy may no longer match the gateway's policy.