[vpn-help] remote connection view Shrewsoft connects, but can't reach remote host --only on a couple of machines.

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Wed Jan 30 20:32:15 CST 2013

On 12/24/2012 06:41 PM, Allen Klein wrote:
> Hi,

<...>
> They obviously make it through phase 1, but that's it. I can go through the same
> router in that office with my laptop, connect via Shrewsoft and ping both of
> those networks. He can't. Here's a screenshot off the Firewall's event log.
> Anybody have a similar issue?
> I can connect from his machine on his Mac side, through the same ISP and router
> using VPN Tracker and the pinging works fine --and I don't get the failed
> negotiations, failed phase 2/policy/SA errors. When I connect through the same
> router with my laptop running Shrewsoft 2.1.7, I also don't get any of those
> errors, and I can ping everything remotely as well.

Hi Allen,

I don't know if you're still stuck on this issue, but I'd look at the
proxy ID.  When you connect from his site, does your machine also
present the same local ID and remote ID?

Something else to look at would be to compare your client's PCs' routing
tables with your own.  There may be something going on with that.