[vpn-help] VPN Connection Intermittency

David Wills david.wills at primus.ca
Fri Jul 12 08:33:41 CDT 2013

I cannot seem to reliably connect to the VPN.  I can get connected once then
the connection may drop out and I cannot connect again.  I have two
computers in the house and I get the problem on one but not the other.  Then
I get it on the other.  Then both.  The symptoms are bot the same.
Initially a connection can be established then it drops out then the
connection dialogue times out when trying to open the tunnel.  I restart the
computers and it does not fix the problem.  As an experiment I rebooted the
router and the modem and got connected.  For my work I need a much higher
degree of predictability and reliability.  Any suggestions?

David Wills, P. Eng.

13 Sydenham St

Kingston ON K7L 3G8

 <mailto:david.wills at primus.ca> david.wills at primus.ca