[vpn-help] Packet loss when using 2.2.2 Windows x64 client on cable Internet connections

Jim Harle vpn at technicolor.com
Tue Jul 30 16:34:08 CDT 2013

Updating my own thread again...we tried the Shrew client on a different cable site today (Cox being the carrier), and it didn't have any of these problems.  It's using a similar cable modem to one of the Suddenlink sites, which we discovered today are using completely different modems (one Motorola and one Arris).

At this point we believe this issue is related to the carriers' configuration somehow.  We punted and put in Cisco 871 routers at both Suddenlink sites, and now they're solid.