[vpn-help] Netscreen Config Help (No Private DNS or WINS)

Craig McDowell CraigMcDowellSD at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 19:01:46 CDT 2013

Hi,

I have a Netscreen 5GT that is running a basic home network. I don't have
private DNS or WINS servers or any type of AD setup.

I've tried using the walkthrough for the Juniper SSG but I never get beyond
phase 1. I just get an error that states negotiation timout occurred. Is
there a walkthrough or what do I need to modify about the SSG walkthrough
to get this working for my home network?

I have a VIP setup for the time being but I'm trying to get the VPN up
since it would be much more secure.

Thanks,
Craig