[vpn-help] Apple OSX >= 10.4 DNS resolver, very disappointing ...

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Wed Mar 20 20:45:51 CDT 2013

On 12/19/2012 01:37 AM, Matthew Grooms wrote:
> All,
>
> As most of you are probably aware, I have been working hard to improve
> the OSX port lately and have run into some very interesting challenges.

<snip>

> In any case, the Shrew Soft client is more or less ported to OSX. How
> useful it will be to users is another story. I tried to get help from
> the Apple network developers mailing list, but there was no response ...
>
> http://lists.apple.com/archives/macnetworkprog/2012/Dec/msg00006.html
>
> All the information in this email was learned from reading the scarce
> documentation and by trial and error. I would love it if someone would
> show me light and disclose how this should really be done, but I'm not
> going to hold my breath.

Hi Matthew,

We all appreciate the efforts to make an OS X port.

I don't think you're the only person to run into the
"world-according-to-Apple" problem... anyone who has had to deal with
the Bonjour auto-discovery protocol and its lack of subnet support would
gladly share complaints with you.

I took the liberty of checking your post on the Apple developers list
for you - not a single response.

I was checking in to see if you've got a newer build (circa Dec 2012) of
the OS X package?  The download link in previous threads links to a dmg
build from early 2012.