[vpn-help] vpn client problem

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Wed Mar 20 20:50:20 CDT 2013

On 02/07/2013 05:07 AM, Dorian Grelli wrote:
> Hi there,
> I'm an italian guy who has a problem with your VPN client software. I
> installed VPN client 2.1.7 under Windows 8 and it could run great.
> Some days ago I unistalled it and then I installed it back. After that
> I noticed that a connection that I configured before this last
> installation was always on the access manager panel even if I
> unistalled the software and installed it back. I think that this is
> possible beacause the unistall software can't remove all the VPN
> configuration files from my computer. Do you know how can I remove all
> the VPN client's files from my computer?
> Thank you in advance.

Hi Dorian,

You may have found this already yourself, but Shrew stores the
connection configuration in a directory in the user profile.  On Windows
7, they are in
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Shrew Soft VPN\sites

This directory remains after Shrew Soft VPN Client removal, so you'd
have to delete it manually to ensure the connections do not reappear if
you install the client again.