[vpn-help] Negotiation Time Out with Win7 Laptops

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Sun Nov 17 17:45:38 CST 2013

On 08/26/2013 05:40 PM, Alex Kirby wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have been deploying version 2.2.2 with our Windows 7 Pro clients
> (64-bit). Some of these clients are getting *Negotiation Time Out *errors when
> trying to access the VPN with their wireless connection. In testing, we
> noticed that it works on the wireless connection using a different profile,
> on the same computer, but only for a short period of time. For some reason,
> the profile is somehow corrupted or unable to connect. This is only true
> for wireless connections. The HQ VPN hub is a Cisco 2811 ISR using EZVPN.
>
> This has been tested primarily on Win 7 Pro machines (64-bit), and not
> every one has had problems. Linux machines are able to connect just fine
> with their wireless. I can provide more detail if needed. Thank you!

Hi Alex,

I know this thread is old, but I was intrigued when reading it.  Did you
ever get to the bottom of this problem?

When you mention that it works using a different profile, are you saying
that it works using a different wireless connection profile, or it works
with a different Shrew site configuraton profile?