[vpn-help] Unable to connect after upgrade

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Sun Nov 17 17:52:13 CST 2013

On 08/28/2013 09:35 AM, Daniel Alvarez Marfil wrote:
> Hello All,
> I hope somebody can help me.
>
> OS: windows7
> Previous Shrew Soft version: 2.1.5
> Upgraded to: 2.2.2-Release
>
> I've been working for a year with 2.1.5 version but I have upgraded to
> latest version... From there, Shrew does not work and I am unable to
> connect to VPN.
>
> I tried to go back to 2.1.5 but I cannot connect whatever version I use and
> I had lot of troubles to go back to 2.1.5, finally I have installed 2.2.0.

Hi Daniel,

If you're still having this issue, I have a few questions:

1. Did you get any errors from the Shrew Soft installer when upgrading
the client (or downgrading when you went from 2.2.2 to 2.2.0)?

2. Do you have any other VPN software installed on your machine?

3. Are you able to see the logs on the VPN gateway to see if it's seeing
the connection request from the Shrew client?

There are a number of changes from version 2.1.5 to 2.2.x.  You may want
to double-check your VPN's site configuration in Shrew to make sure the
settings are still what are required by your VPN.