[vpn-help] Windows 8, client 2.2.2 connecting but not pinging

Timo Koppanen timo.koppanen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 10:23:38 CST 2013

Hi.

I have brand new computer with windows 8 64bit, where I installed 2.2.2
client. It connects fine to the vpn, but when i try to ping or connect my
companys network drive, it says destination host unreachable.

I'm really confused here why it's not working.

My worklaptop works fine (windows 8 too but 32bit) in my own LAN and I can
connect to network drives just fine. I could almost swear on my life I have
nothing different on my home computer and worklaptop.[image: Tekstiin
lisättävä kuva 3]
[image: Tekstiin lisättävä kuva 2]

Also I have the shrew soft adapter in the device manager and working fine.
When I try to map network drive, it gives error 0x8007035, network path not
found.

In traceutility there is no packets moving at all, and so I though it is
because my firewall interrupts it (Zonealarm), but no. All networks have
been enabled in there, and also tried to turn all the firewalls and
antivirus programs down. My previous computer (win7) worked just fine with
the same setup.

Also tried version 2.1.17 but same problem.

I can't figure out what difference there is to my laptop except its 32bit,
and tabletop is 64bit.

Thanks alot if you could help.

Regards,
Me