[vpn-help] problem with client 2.2.2

Willem Kutschruiter willem.kutschruiter at cynit.com
Wed Nov 27 01:19:15 CST 2013

Kevin,

This issues has been resolved.

Met vriendelijke groet, kind Regards,

Willem Kutschruiter
+31653229596

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: vpn-help [mailto:vpn-help-bounces at lists.shrew.net] Namens Kevin VPN
Verzonden: woensdag 27 november 2013 05:02
Aan: vpn-help at lists.shrew.net
Onderwerp: Re: [vpn-help] problem with client 2.2.2

On 10/15/2013 05:07 PM, Willem Kutschruiter wrote:
> Team,
>
> I have shrewsoft client version 2.2.2. on my windows 8 64x PC. I'm
> able to connect and ping. Happy me..
>
> A friend of mine, also windows 8, 64x PC with a shrewsoft client
> version
> 2.2.2 and a import copy of my .vpn file is not able to ping to the
> other side.
>
> attached to key daemon ...
> peer configured
> iskamp proposal configured
> esp proposal configured
> client configured
> local id configured
> remote id configured
> pre-shared key configured
> bringing up tunnel ...
> network device configured
> tunnel enabled
>
> Ping to the other side does not work.
>
> With  the VPN trace utility I notice that the Security policies and
> Security associations are missing, which on my PC they are available.
>
> Also I noticed quite a lot of message about "unable to connect to
> pfkey interface".
>
> The other side is a netscreen 5GT running 6.2.0r11 software. We are
> using Xauth with a pre-shared key.
>
> He is using Wifi, Wireless lan Adapter WiFi, InterR centrinoR
> wireless-N 2230.
>
> I'm using Ethernet wired infrastructure.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Willem,

My guess is that the second part of the IPsec negotiation (phase 2) is
failing.  This occurs after the "tunnel enabled" message is seen and is
where the Security Associations are negotiated.  You can see the progress on
the Network tab of the connect dialog.

I would suggest that you and your friend each generate a debug log for us
using the instructions at the link below.  We can then compare the logs and
see what is different on his machine.
https://www.shrew.net/support/VPN_Bug_Report_Windows