[vpn-help] RV042 VPN works great for multiple clients, clients cannot see / ping each other

Ilan Almog ilan at docemania.com.br
Sat Oct 12 12:14:07 CDT 2013

Hello all!

I have been using Shrew to maintain (for a couple of years already) a
very stable VPN with a Cisco RV042 without any issues after it was
properly configured.

GroupVPN is the setting on the RV042. As there are few clients (road
warriors), I just assign a unique IP for each and there is no conflict
or knocking the other client out.

The clients can access any device and service in the LAN behind the
RV042. Likewise, any device within the LAN is able to access any
client's services/files etc.

However, no client is able to see / ping another client!
I've tried several routing configurations under the Policy tab of Shrew,
several IP/netmask combinations for the clients -- nothing worked.

Is this possible to be done or is there something inherent in the way
the tunnels are established that clients really cannot see each other?

Kindly advise.

Cheers,

-- Ilan