[vpn-help] Unable to access external sites while VPN connected

Walter Sassano sassano at optonline.net
Sun Oct 20 17:19:34 CDT 2013

Recently I upgraded my laptop to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8 and also
upgraded my Shrew Soft VPN Client to v. 2.2.2.  I am able to connect to my
company's network and have access to all the network resources I expected.
The problem is if I open an browser and navigate to a web site that is not
inside the network, I get a "Page not found" error.  As soon as I disconnect
from the network, I have full access to the internet again.

Prior to upgrading I had no issues being connected to the network and
browsing the internet.  My laptop has both wired and wireless connections
and both are functional.  Does anyone know how to fix this?