[vpn-help] connect-status of Shrew

Gerd Röthig gerd.roethig at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 04:11:25 CDT 2013

Hello Torsten,

how do you find out that there is no VPN connection? If it is at least
possible to access the VPN gateway (refer to the "General" tab in your
connection's properties in Access Manager) it is likely that the connection
is established but there may be a problem with routing / tunneling. See
also the discussion "Unable to access external sites while VPN is
connected" in this mailing list.

If you happen to have a configuration which enables the VPN tunnel for
specified networks only (see the "Policy" tab in your connection's
properties), this is not working anymore in Shrew Soft VPN Client version
2.2.2 and above.
You will have to change this setting to "Obtain topology automatically or
tunnel all" and then adjust the routing manually using a script if
required. A suggestion for such a split-tunnel script is also included in
the discussion thread "Unable to access external sites while VPN is
connected".

Kind regards,

Gerd