[vpn-help] What next after tunnel enabled?

jslezak jslezak_soft_eng at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 6 03:08:41 CDT 2013

Please let me know what more specific questions I should ask?  Or point me to the appropriate what next document.

I have installed shrew on Windows XP.  I have been able to connect to a cisco RV042 router using shrew over a smartphone hotspot connection.  I have been able to ping the router.

However, I have not been able to connect to any other node in the network.  What steps am I missing?

I configured the router and client using "https://www.shrew.net/support/Howto_Linksys".

The router now has two Groups, one remote client is pnj_network.com and the other is shrew.net.  Otherwise, the configuration is as similar as I can make them.  The client would not allow me to specify a DNS suffix of pnj_network, thus I used shrew.net.

ipconfig on my XP machine lists no entry for the Default Gateway.