[vpn-help] Connection dropping with Ubuntu 14.04

Jason Lewis jlewis at 2co.com
Thu Jul 31 17:49:34 CDT 2014

________________________________
From: Jason Lewis
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2014 5:21 PM
To: vpn-help at lists.shrew.net
Subject: Connection dropping with Ubuntu 14.04

All,

I recently compiled and installed Shrewsoft 2.2.1 on Ubuntu 14.04. It worked great at first, but recently I've had a problem where the connection will be made, then drop about 30 or so seconds later. I see these messages in iked.log after the drop:

14/07/31 17:10:33 K! : unhandled pfkey message type EXPIRE ( 8 )
14/07/31 17:10:33 K! : recv UPDATE message failure ( errno = 3 )
14/07/31 17:11:01 K! : recv DELETE message failure ( errno = 3 )

The VPN software stays connected, but the connection no longer works. Also, the first line is the error message I get when the connection quits working. The other two show up after I drop the connection

Does anyone know what causes thankis and what can be done about it?

Thank you.

All information in this email is subject to the 2Checkout confidentiality statement. <https://www.2checkout.com/policies/confidentiality-statement>