[vpn-help] Connection dropping with Ubuntu 14.04

coremd at thedoctor-is-in.com coremd at thedoctor-is-in.com
Thu Jul 31 21:59:49 CDT 2014

Jason

I have been having the exact same problem and no one has helped me yet!

I have also tried the following

.         I installed Shrewsoft on Windows XP, Vista and window 7 (both 32
and 64 bit editions).

.         I have re-installed Shrewsoft more time than I can count

.         I have stopped and restarted the Shrewsoft and ISPec services.

.         Tried it when no one else was on the remote or local networks
(2:00 AM)

.         Connected the computer directly into the remote router (no switch
or hub in between)

None of this helps

The only thing I have noticed is that the VPN router does not show the user
logged in anymore which explains why all functionality disappears.

I am using a Cisco SA540 router. What are you using?

I assume the problem has something to do with Dead Peer detection or Keep
Alive but I have no idea how to set this properly on either the router or in
Shrewsoft. I have just kept the default settings.

I would love to keep Shrewsoft since it is much easier and faster to connect
than what Cisco provides.

But my users (and me) are complaining bitterly and if I can't get this
resolved soon I will have to give up on Shrewsoft.

Corey