[vpn-help] Fwd: Assertion! error during login

Walter Piper wallypiper at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 08:12:04 CST 2015

Sorry, composed original message before receiving the email with this
address.

From: Walter Piper <wallypiper at gmail.com>
Subject: Assertion! error during login
To: vpn-help-request at lists.shrew.net

I get the following error when logging into a remote network:
-----------------------------------
Assertion!

Program: pniopcac.exe
File:..\..\..\..\..\com_comps\pcsrt\lib\src\pcsrt_setup.cpp
Line: 640

!"SETUP: Query OID_802_3_MULTICAST_LIST"
------------------------------------

I happens after the login succeeds. The last message in the login window is
"tunnel enabled".
The error message includes "Abort", "Retry" and "Ignore" options.
If I choose "Abort", I still connect correctly to the remote network I am
trying to log into. The error does not appear to affect operation of the
client in any way but is annoying.

I am running Windows 7 x64 SP1.
VPN Client version is Standard Edition Version 2.2.2.
I do not know about the gateway version, make or model.

Can you help?

--
Wally

--