[vpn-help] VPN Connecting but not pinging servers

Farhan Zafar zafar_farhan at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 5 10:01:09 CST 2015

Hi,I am using shrew soft on windows 8.1 laptop to vpn connect to a remote network from home and everything works fine.When trying the same connection from my laptop at work the Security Associations were failing.
I have switched the NAT traversal from auto to force-cisco-udp.   This now allows the connection and the Security Association to establish.I am however not able to ping or putty any of the servers on the remote network.
my work network IP is set as 192.168.16.xxxthe remote network servers are set as 192.168.0.xxxmy vpn shre soft IP is set as 10.10.10.xxx
I am unsure as to why I can ping from home network but not from work?
I have seen the FAQ for linux servers, which is what I am trying to attempt.
The server I am trying to connect to returns:
sysctl -a | grep rp_filter | grep -v arp
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.rp_filter = 2net.ipv4.conf.lo.rp_filter = 0net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter = 2net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter = 0
The all.rp_filter is set to 0 as stated in your FAQ.  Do you have any pointers as to how i can get this to work?
Farhan