[vpn-help] Error installing VPN 2.2.2 on Windows 7 Professional Error 0x8007005

ckaseff at techdesigns.com ckaseff at techdesigns.com
Fri Mar 20 16:47:23 CDT 2015

I posted this last month but got no response, so I'm posting again with
more details:

VPN client 2.2.2
Windows 7 Professional
Service pack 1
Intel 64-bit

Failure while installing:

Execute: C:\Program Files\ShrewSoft\VPN Client\netcfg.exe -add service
vflt C:\Program Fil...
Error 0x80070005: Couldn't install the network component
Possible cause: Access is denied.

Only two services running after install: iked, ipsecd

When I try to uninstall, I get a very similar message.

command is:
Execute: C:\Program Files\ShrewSoft\VPN Client\netcfg.exe -del vflt.

Error 0x80070005: Couldn't apply the changes after installing vflt
Possible cause: Access is denied.

yes, I am the administrator.  I followed the install/uninstall
instructions from vpn-help
I see two other people have the same error condition this month.

Thank you,

Charles