[vpn-help] Windows 7 Connection Drops Frequently

Bil Click bclick at courtLogic.com
Wed Sep 2 14:22:13 CDT 2015

I have 2 Dell computers with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit in my home office. The
laptop seldom disconnects, but the desktop machine loses the VPN connection
many times per day.

I keep a PING job running continuously in a Command Prompt so I can see when
it drops, as the VPN Connect window still shows "tunnel enabled".  If I
click Disconnect, enter password and click connect again, it will reconnect
- but only about 3 or 4 more times per day. The VPN Connect window still
shows "tunnel enabled" but PING times out and there really is no connection.
Then I have to reboot to connect again.

I have U-Verse Pace Plc 3801HGV modem. The desktop is wired and the laptop
connects wireless.