[vpn-help] Problem with configuring client settings

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sun Feb 26 02:31:51 CST 2006

Kimmo,

Thanks for trying out the client software.

Kimmo Koivisto wrote:
> Hello
>
> I installed beta 1 to the XP SP2, no problems during installation, accepted
> driver installation when windows asked it.
>
> After installation, I configured one connection but when I try to connect, GUI
> says:
> <message>
> config loaded for site 1.2.3.4
> configuring client settings ...
> </message>
>
> and nothing happens. I enabled loglevel 3 but cannot see anything, it probably
> never gets to the IKE. I cannot see any virtual adapters in Windows Network
> Connection, is this like it should be?

It sounds like there may be some problems with dialog layout. Activity
will not be displayed in client log window until the connect button is
pressed. Are you not seeing the connect or cancel button at the bottom
of the VPN client dialog?

Also, there should be some output in the log window if the loglevel is
set to 3. For example, here is the output before a connection attempt is
made ...

## : IPSEC Daemon, Feb 25 2006
## : Copyright 2005 ShrewSoft Inc.
## : This product linked OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005
ii : rebuilding interface list ...
ii : interface IP=x.x.x.x, MTU=1500 active
ii : 1 adapter(s) active

... Are you at least see this much output in the logfile that is
generated in the debug directory?

Virtual adapters are created and destroyed dynamically when connections
are made. They will not show up in the network properties but should be
visible if you run ipconfig from a command line when a tunnel is active.