[vpn-help] Problem with configuring client settings

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sun Feb 26 03:21:40 CST 2006

Kimmo Koivisto wrote:
> Matthew Grooms kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika Sunday 26 February 2006
> 10:31):
>> It sounds like there may be some problems with dialog layout. Activity
>> will not be displayed in client log window until the connect button is
>> pressed. Are you not seeing the connect or cancel button at the bottom
>> of the VPN client dialog?
> I attached screenshots from the connection dialog and from the auth-tab.
> There's no connect button anywhere, that explains a lot :)

Thanks very much for the bug report. I'm pretty certain I know what the
problem is. I will do my best to get this resolved and email you back
hopefully tomorrow.

>> Also, there should be some output in the log window if the loglevel is
>> set to 3. For example, here is the output before a connection attempt is
>> made ...
> Where the log window shoud be?

I have included screen shots of how the two dialogs should look.

>> ## : IPSEC Daemon, Feb 25 2006
>> ## : Copyright 2005 ShrewSoft Inc.
>> ## : This product linked OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005
>> ii : rebuilding interface list ...
>> ii : interface IP=x.x.x.x, MTU=1500 active
>> ii : 1 adapter(s) active
>>
>> ... Are you at least see this much output in the logfile that is
>> generated in the debug directory?
> I can see that in log file, but I have no log window :)

The only gui output window is in the client application. The debug
output is created by the daemon that runs in the background. Since the
daemon has no foreground application window, it uses a log file for
debug output.