[Vpn-help] VPN client crashes Windows 2000

shrewvpn at derlien.com shrewvpn at derlien.com
Thu Dec 13 16:37:44 CST 2007

> If you can, please run the client with debug level log output. If you
> capture the situation where this is happening and forward the log
> output to me, I will do my best to get the issue fixed for the 2.1.0
> release.
How do I enable the debug output? Or do you mean the Trace Utility?

> Do you know which kernel module causes the crash?
The crash only happens on Windows 2000 running in a VM. Unfortunately,
Windows doesn't print the driver causing the crash (please see the
attached screen shot - it is in german though).
Using 2.1 alpha 3 the crash happens after the second connection attempt:
1. Connect to VPN gateway. Access Manager says connection is
established (last message is "tunnel enabled")
2. try to access a computer on the remote network (e.g. ping). does not work
3. Disconnect, Reconnect
4. try again to ping a computer on the remote network. the VM crashes

it seems that the VM doesn't crash if step 2 is left out. I had to
access the remote network at least once if the VM crashes after the
next reconnect.

Paralles (www.parallels.com) offers it's virtualization software also
for Windows (I use the version for Mac OS).

Please let me know if I can do anything to help you solving the problem.

Thanks for the software,
Tjark