[Vpn-help] iked start script, Feisty 32 bit

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sun Sep 2 14:43:45 CDT 2007

Matthew Grooms wrote:

> I agree that init.d is the right thing to do. I may be doing something
> wrong in iked that makes it incompatible somehow. I just need to find
> some good documentation on the system. I tried to man init.d and didn't
> see anything. There were also no useful references in the init man page :(

Alright, here is the procedure I followed; I created an iked init.d
script ( attached ) and then ran the 'Sytem Settings/Advacned/System
Services' application. I then located iked entry and checked the box
that enables the system service at startup. After rebooting, I verified
that the iked service had started correctly, which it did. Next, created
a new directory /usr/share/icons/shrewsoft and copied the
ike/source/ikea/png/ikea/png file into this directory. Last, I created a
new desktop "Link To Application" ( also attached ) which can be used to
launch the VPN Access Manager.

Seems to work fine.