[Vpn-help] Feisty 32 bit network browsing

charles morrison charlie2 at ledgible.com
Tue Sep 4 15:46:38 CDT 2007

mgrooms wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 10:39:31 -0400, charles morrison
> <charlie2 at ledgible.com> wrote:
>
>> Matt,
>>
>> I am able to connect to my company network but am unable to browse it. I
>> had this working before, under the 64 bit install. Here is a screen shot
>> of the setup and my route table while connected using the VPN tunnel.
>>
>> VPN set up screenshot
>>
>> Any ideas as to what I should do?
>>

> Charlie,
>
> When you say browse it, do you mean view remote web sites with a browser?
> Your screen shot attachment was stripped from the email. If so, this may be
> a DNS related issue. Can you do an dig/nslookup of the host you are
> attempting to reach? What about pinging it by its IP address?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Matthew

Matt,

The screenshot showed how I set up the VPN under the "VPN Site
Configuration" and "Policy" as 192.168.168.0/255.255.255.0 and having
the box for "Obtain remote network topology " unchecked. Then we did a
route command and with the VPN connected, there were no entries in the
IP routing table.

By browsing the network, I mean that with the 64 bit install, I could
sit at home and get to any directory I wanted at the office. With the 32
bit Feisty install, I now connect but don't see any files or computers.
Matt Linehan thinks it's because we didn't get route information.

Could be all I need to do is check the "Obtain remote network topology "
box, but we didn't before and I was just following our old instructions
we wrote for the Windows version.

Thanks again. Don't know what happened to my screenshot. It's not in my
out file either, but it was in the text when I sent it.

Charlie Morrison

--
Charlie Morrison
American LED-gible, Inc