[Vpn-help] 2.1.1 Problems on Vista

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Tue Sep 2 01:31:47 CDT 2008

Dietmar Papperitz wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> i have the same problem with vista. Actually Shrewsoft 2.1.1 only can be
> installed but does’nt work with vista. You should wait for next version.

Dietmar,

The ShrewSoft client works well with most standard Ethernet and Wifi
adapters on Vista 32 or 64 bit hosts. The problem in your case is the
use of a Dial-up adapter which, at least in 2K/XP, takes a lot of
special case programming. Unfortunately I have relocated since I wrote
the 2K/XP support and do not currently have dial-up access to test with.
As soon as I find more free time, I will get one installed so Vista
dial-up support can be fixed.