[vpn-help] WIN7 & NET USE problem / TRACE utility won't start&stop

John Wilson jwilson at hepsales.com
Tue Dec 29 14:30:45 CST 2009

I'm new at this, having just discovered your Shrew VPN client.  I'm having
trouble getting client to work with WIN7.

I can connect and ping, but having problems with NET USE.  I am attempting
to NET USE r: \\192.168.xxx.xxx\sys to a SNAP NAS server.  The drive does
map, but I do not have access to it (access denied when I try to create a
file).  I am doing the same thing with Netgear VPN client under WINXP and
everything works fine.  Shrew client under WINXP has same problem.  The
SNAP server does have a browser-based interface and I can access that with
a browser over the VPN link with no problems.  Any ideas?

I am also having problems starting/stopping the trace utility.  The
buttons do nothing.  I am logged in as administrator.  Again, any ideas?

Thanks, John