[Vpn-help] Netgear DG834G

shrew.nelipot at spamgourmet.com shrew.nelipot at spamgourmet.com
Wed May 6 08:13:47 CDT 2009

2009/5/6 Matthew Grooms - mgrooms at shrew.net

> Hi Steve,
>
> I'm not aware of any pre-compiled packages for Ubuntu besides the 2.1.0
> release. There is a 2.1.4 version for the Debian squeeze release which is
> maintained by Philipp Matthias Hahn ...
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?package=ike
>
> Ubuntu is the upstream distribution for Ubuntu so hopefully it will get
> updated to 2.1.5 and the package will trickle down hill.
>
> If you search the vpn-help mailing list, there are a few posts that contain
> details regarding source compilation on Ubuntu.
>
> http://lists.shrew.net/pipermail/vpn-help/
>
> You should also have a look at the README.TXT that accompanies the source
> distribution. If you have specific questions, feel free to forward them to
> the list.
>
> -Matthew

Hi Matthew,

Okay, I opted to compile it for myself as this is a skill I need to develop
anyway.

During the CMake stage I get the following error:-

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt: 155 (message):
Unable to locate openssl crypto include files

CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt
No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)

should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be lower
if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".

When I check Synaptic I note that I have openssl 0.9.8g-10.1ubuntu2.2
already installed.  I don't see any package called crypto, although there
are several with crypto as part of the package name, such as cryptonit,
libcrypto++-dev and others.

I presume that the reference to crypto means that this package needs to be
present in order for me to compile this correctly.

Thanks for your support.

Steve