[Vpn-help] Netgear DG834G

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed May 6 22:44:01 CDT 2009

shrew.nelipot at spamgourmet.com wrote:

> Hi Matthew,

Hi Steve,

> Okay, I opted to compile it for myself as this is a skill I need to
> develop anyway.
>
> During the CMake stage I get the following error:-
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt: 155 (message):
> Unable to locate openssl crypto include files
>
> CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt
> No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as
>
> cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)
>
> should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be
> lower if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For
> more information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".

Since your starting from scratch, I recommend you use the latest 2.1.5
beta. Its very close to release and fixes this particular warning.

> When I check Synaptic I note that I have openssl 0.9.8g-10.1ubuntu2.2
> already installed.  I don't see any package called crypto, although
> there are several with crypto as part of the package name, such as
> cryptonit, libcrypto++-dev and others.
>
> I presume that the reference to crypto means that this package needs to
> be present in order for me to compile this correctly.

The libcrypto libraries are part of openssl. The package that contains
openssl development libraries is named libssl-dev. Why they don't just
have an openssl-dev, I have no idea.

Hope this helps,