[Vpn-help] After Install Internet access is lost

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Nov 12 17:27:10 CST 2009

Ralph DeJesus wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am trying to install the client on a Fresh Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
> Dell Laptop.
> After I install I get a notification that I no longer have internet
> access. If I go into my network adaptors and unbind the shrewsoft
> lightweight filter I get internet access again. I also cannot make any
> vpn connections. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and have 3 3
> different RC 2.1.5RC4, 2.1.5RC-3 and 2.1.5-rc-2. All do the same thing.
> I have only been able to try with the wireless not on the wired yes. The
> wireless card in a Dell wireless 1510 adaptor.

I did some investigation on this recently and determined that we are not
signing the drivers correctly for Windows 7 RTM. This will effect 64 bit
users since that platform requires signed drivers or it will cause the
issue you have described. Windows 7 BETA/RC users will not be affected.

I'll do my best to get a new build out soon that includes proper driver
signing.