[Vpn-help] After Install Internet access is lost

Andy LaFontaine Andy.LaFontaine at ehc-global.com
Fri Nov 13 00:18:34 CST 2009

I had the exact problem with Vista 64 bit. I installed the 2.1.5rc4 by a
normal double click run of the install file. Got the "your program might
not have installed correctly" message from Vista, but I imported a
working connection profile I created on a 32bit Windows7 machine and it
worked. However, next day after a reboot I started to experience exactly
the same problem you mention, only unbinding the lightweight filter
would allow the network connection to function. I tried uninstalling and
in the process I got a heuristic detection of the virtualnet.sys file as
suspicious. The AV software said it was probably safe to ignore, but I
decided to go lean. I turned off UAC, turned off my AV, uninstalled the
software, rebooted, then reinstalled using "run as administrator". This
time install finished with no errors and VPN works again. We'll see if
it lasts this time. One thing I discovered though, after uninstalling I
absolutely had to reboot first before reinstalling. If I tried to
reinstall immediately after I got all kinds of install errors.