[vpn-help] VPN over 3G/UMTS does not work properly

Sebastian A. Potthoff sebastian.potthoff at med.uni-duesseldorf.de
Sun Jan 3 18:07:54 CST 2010

System: Vaio Z laptop
OS: Win 7 ultimate 64bit
Connection: 3G via qualcomm wireless HS-USB Ethernet Adapter 9222
Shrew VPN Client 2.1.5

Dear Sir or Madam,

when connecting to the internet via my DSL home connection, I have no
problem using the imported pcf profil in Shrew to connect to my university
using VPN. The connection works fine.
When I am connected via 3G/UMTS, the connection is established (tunnel
enabled) but I cannot connect to anything. I always get a connection error
in my IE/firefox.

When using the "NCP Secure Entry Client" VPN via 3G/UMTS works perfectly
when importing the pcf-profile from my university.

Is there anything I can do to make Shrew work with my 3G/UMTS connection?

Thanks in advance!
Sebastian