[vpn-help] 2.1.6 Beta 6 Available ...

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Fri Mar 5 02:38:07 CST 2010

All,

I just posted 2.1.6 beta 6 on the download page. While investigating the
suspend resume problems, I noticed some other issues that are now
corrected. This includes a bug that prevented the daemons from handling
device handle error conditions gracefully. In particular, when the
filter driver unloaded, device handles were not being closed correctly.
This prevented the drivers from unloading unless you closed all apps and
services manually. Even worse, the ike daemon would enter a high
utilization loop consuming 100% CPU and never re-open its handle. These
issues have now been resolved.

The other notable change was for the filter drivers to avoid problems
related to the Transparent DNS Proxy Daemon. The Shrew Soft client can
now be installed on the host computer along with VMWare or VirtualBox,
and no longer interferes with guest VM's DNS traffic. This should make
quite a few people happy since its a very commonly reported issue.