[vpn-help] xauth retry issue.

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Tue Mar 2 23:22:35 CST 2010

On 3/2/2010 2:40 PM, MATT PIERCE wrote:
> 	I've had several users get locked out of their secureid
> accounts.  We have secureid prompt for next token after 3 incorrect
> tokens and then a successful token.  The users aren't sure why they are
> getting disabled.  Does the client try the same password multiple times
> after the connect button is entered?  If so we may be running into a
> timing issue where an expired token code is being fed multiple times per
> button click.  The other idea is that since the password field doesn't
> clear after an incorrect password the users are hitting connect again
> without reentering their token.

Hi Matt,

Its most likely the latter of your two ideas. The client only attempts
user authentication once and then reports an error to the user. Further
action is required by the user for subsequent authentication attempts to
occur. The password field should probably be cleared to prevent this
from happening in the future. I can work this into the next release if
you believe it may help your situation.