[vpn-help] Windows 7 64bit connectivity

Stefan Bauer stefan.bauer at cubewerk.de
Fri Mar 5 03:01:17 CST 2010

Am 05.03.2010 05:59, Victor Janulaitis schrieb:
> Problem:
>
> On a Windows 7 64 bit machine when I have the VPN connecting my local
> machine to the host machine and do any browser access to the sites on my
> remote machine access to the sites is SLOW (looks like dial up speed).  In
> addition when I do FTP access the connection disconnects as well as when I
> do a lot of emails the connection to the host is broken.
>
> When I disconnect the VPN my browser access to the host machine is fast.
>
> When connected via the VPN when I do a tracert to mysite.com there are only
> two hops the host server and then mysite.com.  With the VPN disconnected
> when I do the tracert mysite.com I get 18 hops with the last two being the
> one I got when the VPN was connected.

Try to setup a poliy manually only for your companies network in the
last tab in the client. Apparently all your traffic is right now
tunneled over the ipsec link and for unknown reasons, your company
is forwarding your packages to the internet - but very slow as it seems.

Stefan

--
PGP: E80A 50D5 2D46 341C A887 F05D 5C81 5858 DCEF 8C34