[vpn-help] How to start a program automatically after ipsecc.exe established tunnel

Stefan Bauer stefan.bauer at cubewerk.de
Wed Mar 17 08:51:05 CDT 2010

Am 17.03.2010 14:29, Guido schrieb:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm new to the list and first want to introduce myself.
>
> I'm using the Shrew Soft VPN client on a Win XP client
> to establish an IPSec tunnel to an Astaro Secure Gateway.
>
> All things work fine so far except of one: running the
> logon script when connecting to a Samba server.
>
> When connected to a Samba server directly via LAN (i.e. without
> using an IPSec tunnel) the logon script hosted on the Samba server
> is executed directly after the user logged in on the client.
> This works fine because the connection line is up _before_ login
> into the client.
>
> But, when logging into the client using a VPN connection the
> Samba server cannot be reached by the client at logon time because the
> tunnel isn't up/established at this Moment. I.e. not till the VPN tunnel
> is established the Samba Server can be reached by the client.
>
> Well, I added an ipsecc.exe -r ... -a program call in my
> autostart folder which establishes the tunnel after the user
> logged on the client automatically. This works fine, really.
>
> So what I need is a solution which calls the logon script on the
> Samba server _after_ the tunnel is (freshly) established after
> user login.

You could delay the logon script so it gets started after the link
is already available. (the logon script is mostly just a simple
batch file)

You could run the logon-script also through your autostart option
with a short delay after the link is up.

I'm not aware of any build-in options for shrew-soft client to call
scripts at all.

Stefan

--
PGP: E80A 50D5 2D46 341C A887 F05D 5C81 5858 DCEF 8C34