[vpn-help] Windows 7 x64 issue installing ShrewSoft 2.1.7

Kyle Bober kyle.bober at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 10:05:02 CST 2010

I am attempting to install ShrewSoft VPN  on my Windows7 x64 machine and I
run into an error during installation stating the following:

Error 0x8004a029: Couldn't install the network component.

Now whenever I try to open up a VPN connection via the ShrewSoft VPN Access
Management tool it fails stating the following:

configuring client settings ...
attached to key daemon ...
peer configured
iskamp proposal configured
esp proposal configured
client configured
local id configured
pre-shared key configured
bringing up tunnel ...
network unavailable
tunnel disabled
detached from key daemon ...

I have attached a screen shot of the installation error I receive upon
installation as well.

Regards,
Kyle S. Bober

--
Any fool can write code that a computer can understand.  Good programmers
write code that humans can understand.  ~Martin Fowler