[vpn-help] reinstall problems

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Mon Feb 7 12:27:05 CST 2011

i've had this problem with all 2.2.0 versions - whenever i attempt a
reinstall, my system bluescreens while the previous version is being
removed. win7 64bit, realtek ethernet hardware/drivers. i have no
wireless on this system. curiously, on my work laptop that does have
wireless, reinstall does not bluescreen.

one might ask why i reinstall sometimes. well, also with the 2.2.0
versions, if i've used the vpn previously, and later my PC has gone into
sleep mode, after coming out of sleep, i can no longer use the vpn. i
either get 'failed to attach to key daemon' - or it'll go through the
full sequence of reconnecting to the vpn apparently successfully - but
i'll be unable to actually use the connection - my ssh sessions just
time out. on my work laptop, all i need do is run a reinstall, and then
the vpn will work again. but on my PC, as above, the reinstall bluescreens.

--
Paul Theodoropoulos