[vpn-help] Two suggestions for the VPN GUI

Jernej Simončič jernej's-shrew at eternallybored.org
Sun Dec 16 17:46:20 CST 2012

Right now, the VPN Access Manager offers 3 options for both the Access
Manager and connection windows - taskbar, system tray and both. I
prefer not to have the connection windows clutter my taskbar when I
don't need them, but if I set them to system tray, this also prevents
the windows from appearing in the Alt+Tab dialog.

Would it be possible to change the windows so that they would show up
in the taskbar normally, but minimize to the notification area?

Also, unrelated, but could the Windows 8 compatibility flag be added
to the manifest? This would make the applications use the Windows 8
style when using high contrast mode. The following would have to be
added:

  <compatibility xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:compatibility.v1">
    <application>
      <supportedOS Id="{4a2f28e3-53b9-4441-ba9c-d69d4a4a6e38}"/>
    </application>
  </compatibility>

This only affects the GUI appearance in high contrast mode - it
doesn't do anything else.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><><><><><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

           Because 10 billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral...
it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness.