[vpn-help] Shrew 2.1.7 & Windows 7 (64 bit)

James Cope jcope at discovertravelandtours.com
Mon Feb 20 07:35:00 CST 2012

Hi,

I have a user who has successfully been connecting up to our office for several months without issue.  He's now not been able to connect for just under 2 weeks.  He has had sporadic problems connecting occassionally but this is a long term period of inactivity now.

Each time it comes back with Negotiation timeout occurred.  We have tried on another machine at his location and that can connect so router/dsl/firewall are all functioning ok.
We have tried both reinstalling Shrew from scratch and performing a system restore on the PC, neither of which have resolved.  All 3rd party software has also been disabled. in MSCONFIG as well as the AV and firewall software.

This machine does not have a wireless adaptor in so there is no virtual wifi miniport to remove.

Is anyone aware of any further issues at play here?

Thanks
James

http://www.star.net.uk