[vpn-help] Issues with passing traffic after VPN tunnel is established

Jack Rizk jrizk at hayesandassociates.com
Tue Feb 21 10:33:47 CST 2012

Hi,

We have a user that has a laptop with Windows 7 Professional on it.
They have the Shrew VPN Client 2.17.  The VPN gateway that they are
connecting to is an Adtran Netvanta 3430 firewall.  The connection works
sometimes and other times it doesn't.  When it fails, it states that the
tunnel is enabled, but you cannot pass traffic.  On the Netvanta side,
it states that IKE is up, but IPSEC is down.  The last time we had
issues with it, we tried to connect with a different windows 7 PC and it
connected.  Then we booted up in safe mode with the original PC that
failed the first time.  It was unable to connect when it was in safe
mode, but when we took it out of safe mode, it could connect.  Any
ideas?

Thanks,
Jack

Jack Rizk