[vpn-help] Issues with passing traffic after VPN tunnel is established

Roper, Andrew aroper at bcsvoicedata.com
Wed Feb 22 13:10:26 CST 2012

Jack,

It makes total sense that it does not work in Safe Mode. Safe Mode disables networking and only enables minimum services for OS functionality. I would even suspect that you'd have issues in Safe Mode with Networking as other dependent services would be offline. If, however, you are suggesting that a normal reboot does not resolve the issue but booting into Safe Mode and then a normal boot does then that is particularly curious. For this I have no explanation. As for continued troubleshooting, it would be necessary to perform a debug on the Netvanta and look for clues there and on the client I would make sure there are no conflicting VPN clients installed, AV isn't interfering, drivers are up to date and the connection is stable. Running some debug logs on the client side would also help in narrowing down the problem.

Regards,
Andrew

Sent from my iPhone