[vpn-help] Outlook interrupted

Roper, Andrew aroper at bcsvoicedata.com
Fri Jan 27 10:16:18 CST 2012

In Juniper's SSL VPN you can implement a route-change monitor and choose to drop the connection in the event of a change. You could also pre-scan the client for the presence of any malware.

On an IPsec connection, I would suppose that you would have to be restrictive in the level of access. If you wanted to protect against such threats, I would set up a VPN zone and have the client tunnel bound to that zone. Then, through policy, allow/disallow access and run a UTM feature like DI on the inter-zone communications. I'm speaking to ScreenOS. I'm sure there's probably some sort of VPN quarantine feature in ASA. In MS, you can do the same in IAS/NPS.

-Andrew