[vpn-help] Can't connect from Windows 7 machine

Allen Klein allen at apksolutions.com
Fri Jul 20 23:11:54 CDT 2012

Hi,

A client of mine can't connect. I connect to their Juniper SSG-5 without any problems. I created an Xauth user on the firewall. Again, no problem on my Windows 7 machine with the same user credentials, same profile. Here's the error message he got:

local id configured
pre-shared key configured
bringing up tunnel ...
user authentication error
tunnel disabled
detached from key daemon .

It doesn't matter whether his firewall (both public and private) are off or on --same error. Any suggestions? He's able to connect with his Macbook Pro using the VPN Tracker VPN client, through his same home router (same VPN user account).

Thanks,

Allen