[vpn-help] VPN client causing "next token code" mode on RSA appliance

Colin Bowern colin at bowern.com
Wed Jul 31 23:12:42 CDT 2013

Hi Jim (and other list members),
Cisco announced EOL on the Cisco VPN Client here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5743/ps5699/ps2308/end_of_life_c51-680819.html
I have used it before on Windows 8 x64 as well - up until a few weeks ago it was working fine.  Then something changes and it stopped working.  I'm not the first to run into this but instead of getting frustrated by it I went looking for alternatives.  One of the threads I came across recommended Shrew Soft VPN Client.
For the RSA token support I'm assuming that is part of the protocol?  I'm not 100% sure how it works in terms of editions as there isn't an easily locatable edition comparison table.  That being said I am running in trial mode which should have been equivalent to the professional edition.
The guidance on the site was to report issues to this mailing list so that is partly what I'm doing here in hopes that the development team will comment on whether or not this is a supported scenario and as such a potential bug.
Cheers,Colin