[vpn-help] Linux client 2.2.1 crash: double free or corruption

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Tue Jun 25 13:46:46 CDT 2013

On 6/21/2013 1:01 PM, Arthur Titeica wrote:

> Hello, thanks for the input.
>
> I've modified the build method by including -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug and I
> disabled "striping".
>
> The crash log looks similar but this time I've run it through gdb which
> provides a little more info.
>
> The log is here: http://paste.kde.org/780116/raw/
>
> I hope this is useful.

Arthur,

The ikec program is crashing while in the process of parsing the vpn
file. That would indicate that there is something in the config data
that is causing the ikec program to crash. It's difficult to tell
exactly what that might be without seeing the file contents.

Could you remove any sensitive information from the file ( like private
keys or passwords ) and then re-test ikec to see if it still causes the
crash. If it does still crash, can you send me a copy of that file with
the sensitive data removed? At that point, I should be able to diagnose
the problem. If it does not crash, can you tell me what line in the file
you removed?

And out of curiosity, did you build the site configuration using the
qikea program or did you do that by hand?

Thanks for your help,